Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) is a regulatory body established under the State Corporations Act (Cap 446) pursuant to Legal Notice No. 305 of 18th October 1996. The Corporation commenced operations in 1997.
This Service Charter is a commitment by KEPHIS to improve service delivery to clients and other stakeholders. It also serves to enhance public awareness of the organization’s regulatory role.
Healthy plants, safe trade, and sustainable agro-environment for a prosperous Kenya.
To provide a science-based regulatory service by assuring plant health, quality of agricultural inputs and produce for food security, globally competitive agriculture, and sustainable development.
The guiding principles in the operations of KEPHIS are:
- Customer focus
- Professionalism and Integrity
- Results Oriented
- Innovation and Creativity
- Corporate Social Sustainability
Services Offered by KEPHIS
- Distinctness, Uniformity, and Stability (DUS) tests for grant of Plant Breeders Rights.
- National Performance Trials (value for cultivation) for crop variety release and commercialization.
- Registration of seed merchants.
- Licensing of seed sellers.
- Registration of seed growers.
- Seed field inspections.
- Inspection of seeds during processing.
- Seed sampling and testing.
- Post control verification.
- Post-certification surveys.
- Inspection of import and export plant materials.
- Plant quarantine.
- Pest and disease diagnosis.
- Enforcement of biosafety requirements.
- Analyses of agricultural inputs (fertilizers, soil, agrochemicals, water, manure, irrigation water, and others).
- Agro-chemical residue analyses in agricultural produce and animal tissues.
- Environmental monitoring for contaminants.
- Conformity assessment.
- Trade facilitation, training, and technical support.
- Farmer advisory services.
English Service Charter Click to Download the KEPHIS English Service Charter
Maktaba ya Huduma Click to Download the KEPHIS Swahili Service Charter
Service Delivery Charter - Audio
Service Delivery Charter - English Audio
Mkataba wa huduma - Kiswahili Audio